In the diverse culinary landscape of New Jersey, pizza reigns supreme as a beloved staple that satisfies cravings and ignites taste buds with each delectable bite. From the vibrant city streets of Newark to the charming vistas of Princeton and every locale in between, the Garden State boasts an abundance of pizza places poised to tantalize your senses with an array of mouth-watering pies.
Step into any pizza joint in New Jersey, and you’ll discover a tantalizing selection of pies that cater to every palate. Whether you crave the timeless allure of classic toppings like pepperoni and sausage or yearn for more adventurous combinations featuring goat cheese and arugula, the possibilities are as boundless as your imagination.
But it’s not just the toppings that make New Jersey pizza exceptional—it’s the crust that elevates each slice to culinary perfection. Sink your teeth into the crispiness of a thin crust or indulge in the pillowy softness of a thick crust. Whatever your preference, New Jersey’s pizza places offer a spectrum of crust options that cater to every craving.
So why settle for a mediocre meal when you can treat yourself to a slice of heaven from one of New Jersey’s top pizza establishments? Embark on a gastronomic adventure and explore the diverse and delicious world of pizza in the Garden State—where every bite is a journey to pizza paradise.
Dave Portnoy, the founder of Barstool Sports, is renowned for his passionate and entertaining pizza reviews, often referred to as “One Bite with Davey Pageviews.” Throughout his career, he has evaluated numerous pizzerias across the United States, including many in New Jersey. While it’s impossible to list every New Jersey pizza review by Dave Portnoy, here are some notable instances:
- Maruca’s Tomato Pies (Seaside Heights, NJ): In a highly anticipated review, Dave Portnoy visited Maruca’s Tomato Pies in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, famous for its iconic thin-crust pizza. Portnoy praised the pizza’s crispiness and unique sauce, giving it a high score.
- Razza Pizza Artigianale (Jersey City, NJ): Portnoy visited Razza Pizza Artigianale in Jersey City, New Jersey, known for its wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizzas. He commended the pizza’s authentic flavors and quality ingredients.
- De Lorenzo’s Tomato Pies (Robbinsville, NJ): Dave Portnoy ventured to De Lorenzo’s Tomato Pies in Robbinsville, New Jersey, to sample their renowned tomato pies. He lauded the pizza’s thin and crispy crust, along with its flavorful sauce.
- Manco & Manco Pizza (Ocean City, NJ): Portnoy traveled to Ocean City, New Jersey, to review Manco & Manco Pizza, a beloved boardwalk institution. Despite some criticism of the cheese distribution, he praised the pizza’s overall taste and texture.
- Pete & Elda’s Bar / Carmen’s Pizzeria (Neptune City, NJ): Dave Portnoy visited Pete & Elda’s Bar/Carmen’s Pizzeria in Neptune City, New Jersey, home of the “XXL” pizza challenge. He commended the pizza’s large size and traditional New Jersey-style toppings.
- Federici’s Family Restaurant (Freehold, NJ): Portnoy stopped by Federici’s Family Restaurant in Freehold, New Jersey, to sample their classic thin-crust pizza. He praised the pizza’s simplicity and traditional flavors.
These are just a few examples of Dave Portnoy’s pizza reviews in New Jersey. His reviews are known for their humor, honesty, and entertainment value, making them a popular source for pizza enthusiasts seeking recommendations. Here are over 150 of them to check out: