The New Jersey Documentary Film Festival
Sparta Avenue Stage
The New Jersey Documentary Film Festival is screening both short and feature length documentary films over a 4 day period in Sparta, NJ.
FESTIVAL WILL BE HELD LIVE
There will be a Q&A for all attending filmmakers following their screenings.
Best Feature Documentary
Best Documentary Short
The Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction Award
NJ Documentary Film Festival official selections will receive laurels
Trophies will be awarded to the winners.
All genres/forms accepted. Seeking Documentary films only, Both Short and Feature length films will be considered. ALL GENRES of Documentary Films will be considered
All foreign-language works MUST be subtitled in English to be considered.
- All submissions must have been completed after May 1, 2021.
- Short films are up to 30 minutes. Feature length films are 31 minutes or longer.
- We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status
- Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
- Features must not be available online as a DVD or digital download/link for purchase. They also must not have been broadcast on television in the United States or screened theatrically in the United States prior to May 1st 2023.
- All films must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
- By submitting to us, you give us the right to screen your film in front of a live audience. You are also giving us permission to promote clips and stills from your film on social media, based on the press kits you provide us with.
- Official Selection: Films selected for screening will be notified via email.
- We cannot provide refunds.
- We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions at any time.
FILMS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA ONLINE SCREENER ONLY THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PORTALS:
- FilmFreeway and its video player;
- Vimeo with its current password protected private link;
- YouTube as an unlisted link.
Passwords must not be changed until submissions have closed and notification of program films is announced.